Friday, August 22, 2008

Back "home"

For the past two weeks we've been traveling around Southern Ecuador and Northern Peru, trying to get out of the city for a break before school starts. We're back in Quito now, and I'll post some pics and a short story about our trip soon, but until then, here is the latest dispatch from the Blue Footed Booby. I think it's a good one, though (for now) the pictures online don't quite match the article...I wish I looked that good in a bikini!

The Blue Footed Booby...swallows his pride.

And, also, a link to a facebook photo gallery of our trip to Peru.

A Short Trip to Peru

1 comment:

zircon said...

It's not only your guide experience but also your classroom experience that reenforces the often false belief that we control much more than we actually do. As one control freak to another I say good on ya for backing the the gate lock on your carabiner of control a few turns. Don't know if I'd have been as comfortable doing the same. I can't wait for your follow up article " Letting go and letting... holy shit you've got to be kidding me!!!" Ta...