Friday, March 6, 2009

A Touch of Class...

Last night, my Spanish teacher invited us to a performance by the Ecuadorian Symphony. Our friends, Graham and Tia, accompanied us downtown to the Centro Historico. The unique thing about this particular concert, was that it was held in the most famous church here in Quito, La Compania. La Compania is universally known as being the 'church of gold,' and that made quite a backdrop to the concert. It´s said that the church is covered in some 7 tons of gold leaf....

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/89933.jpg

On another classy note, I recently reached a milestone in 'adult' life. I´ve bought a tuxedo. You see, my cousin is having a black-tie wedding in two weeks in Washington D.C. I checked in on rental prices ($100-$200 depending if you want something nice or something a senior in high-school did god-knows what it the previous prom weekend), and then I checked in on a custom tailor here in Quito. For $200 bucks, I took him a photo of a Calvin-Klein tux, he took all my measurements, we discussed some custom options, and now I´m a tuxedo owner. If you´re traveling in Quito, don´t miss the chance to have some custom tailored clothes made for prices that define class in my book...

No comments: