Monday, November 19, 2007

The Weekly News

Some observations from this week:

* My wife climbed her first 15,000 foot peak this week.
* I published my third article in the October issue of the Mountain Gazette
* Our friend Bryan made the 5th descent of a local Ecuadorian whitewater run
* Our friend Paul ran Gorilla, one of the SE´s most fearsome rapids
* Pictures and videos of our crazy paddler friends are at
http://www.astralbuoyancy.com/02/news/
* Ecuadorian pencil sharpeners are superior to North American ones
* Bali now has a custom-made, three floor, kitty condo
* It didn´t rain this weekend
* Ecuador can´t win at soccer
* Our walls are getting painted
* We now have Emergen-C thanks to Bryan and Karen
* Acoustic Syndicate plays in Asheville this weekend at the Orange Peel
* WNCW´s web-cast rules almost as much as the Syndicate´s reunion
* Jonny Love t-boned a cop last month, totaled his girlfriends truck, and is now friends with
the cop?
* Items left in cabs, like new cell phones, are not easily retrieved
* Erin and I will be traveling throughout the Southeast for the last two weeks of March
* Guildens brown mustard is now available in Ecuador
* My cousin Steve is acting in Pride and Prejudice in Denver for the next month
* I had my second hair-cut by Columbian Transvestites, they do a nice job
* My friend Colin is having a baby; he has lots of tatoos, Colin, not the fetus
* My sister is NOT working for the CIA, she just has a job in D.C. which involves travel to ¨conferences¨ and selling ¨voting¨ software
* As many of you approach winter, the temperature here has not changed at all, it´s odd
* My parents start moving into their new house this week of Thanksgiving vacation
* My sister is staying in a trailer while they do so...or so she claims...
* Across the street is the snake filled attic of my cousin and Rhett:
www.virginrenovator.blogspot.com
* The blueberries in Ecuador have lots of stems, and are small
* Our friend, Justin, who broke his hip being stupid and skiing out of bounds in Vail two years ago, has finally got clearance to ski this winter from his doctor
* Colorado has no snow.

1 comment:

-g. said...

Hey you punk... yes, i was skiing out of bounds. yes, i was filming during said incident. yes, it was opening day of Blue Sky Basin AND i was skiing out of bounds. yes, i made several mistakes that day... but stupid? c'mon bones... stupid is peeing on a mormon van, flying a freaky periodical centerfold on a tower climb with a handle of bushmills dangling from the haul bag... and this all happened in just one trip with TEAM HIDEOUS. don't be confused... i love stupidity. cut me some slack already!

and check out my newest blog post... "Cheney Skis in Jeans" at www.where-is-g.blogspot.com

Be sure to watch the video of yours truly dropping a knee or three. I classify it as "ripping" after two hard seasons of watching from the sidelines of various mountain condominiums.

Not even a faltering turn. Seems all of that positive mental conditioning paid off. Good luck catching me now, you no good sob. ;-)

-g. aka: justin the stupid guy.